View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FOOD
1337 Coder
1337 Coder
FOOD

Points Points : 663

[HTML] Basic Tags _
PostSubject: [HTML] Basic Tags   [HTML] Basic Tags I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:37 am

Basic tags:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title></title>
</head>

<body>

</body>
</html>

In every HTML page/file it always starts of with the tag "<html>". This tags identifies it as a HTML File. The <head> tag is where you put your header such as the title of the page. Now the <title> tag is where you name the page like when you are in a page look at the tab bar and it tells you the title that is what I mean. Right now I am on a page named "Post a new topic". The </title> is a closing tag that tells the browser that it's the end of the title. Most people know BBCode am I right? just like in BBCode when you want to wrap BBCode around it its [BBCode] ~~TEXT~~ [/BBCode] it's the same as HTML but instead of "[ ]" its "< >" and different commands lol. Now the <body> tag after this tag is all the text you want on your web page. As I said before about the BBCode here are similar tags you can use in <body>.
Bold: To open "<b>" to close "</b>"
Italic: To open "<i>" to close "</i>"
Underlined: To open "<u>" to close "</u>"
Now before we finish our HTML page we have to close <body> with </body> an then end the html page with </html>

Code:
[HTML] Basic Tags
Created by: FoodFx
Back to top Go down
DarK_DemoN
DarK_DemoN

Points Points : 6144

[HTML] Basic Tags _
PostSubject: Re: [HTML] Basic Tags   [HTML] Basic Tags I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 5:07 pm

Nice but you dont need to define the html tag every time. Also, any CSS is placed in the header tags aswell. And you forgot DOCTYPE which is the most important part of a webpage. It identifies what version of HTML is being used, if DOCTYPE is not defined then the browser will render the page in "Quirks Mode" which isnt ideal for a complete website.
Back to top Go down
http://1337codez.co.cc

[HTML] Basic Tags

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ChEaTdEViCe ::  :: Programming :: C++ Programinng Basics :: HTML + CSS-
Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com